My firm handles legal matters in the areas of Complex Financial Divorce Issues, Alimony, and Adoption
I am committed to providing you with professional and efficient legal representation
Pamela M. Cerruti, Counsellor at Law advocates for clients in complex and non-complex financial situations, equitable distribution, alimony, child custody, domestic violence, child relocation, child support cases and adoption. Based in Montclair, I am familiar with the courts throughout all New Jersey and appear in ten different counties. I am an accomplished advocate who strives to understand my client’s needs and their goals in developing creative solutions. With more than 29 years of experience, I am focused on helping you achieve the best outcome under the circumstances. Please read my profile to learn more about my professional background.
Pamela handles matrimonial and divorce issues
… as well as mediation and collaborative divorce. Whether through settlement or litigation we are always focused on our client’s goals and how to obtain the best results possible. My practice areas are as follows:
- Matrimonial: I am certified by the Supreme Court as a Matrimonial Law Attorney.
- Divorce: Divorce is a difficult process at times. Although we always focus on settlement and trying to eliminate the financial and emotional stress on the family, there are many times where certain issues cannot be resolved without the help of the family court. I am dedicated to helping you prepare for your presentation of your issues and goals to the court. With my extensive accounting background I am able to provide financial analysis which other litigators may not be able to do.
- Custody/Parenting/Removal: When you are going through a divorce, the well-being of your children is always a top priority. I have significant experience in all aspects of child custody law. I am dedicated to protecting your right to raise your child in a healthy environment.
- Child Support Modification: Child support agreements and orders are based on the financial circumstances of everyone involved. When those circumstances change, orders may need to be modified. I am an experienced attorney who helps parents modify child support orders and agreements.
- Alimony: When you get a divorce, there are many decisions that you and your ex-spouse need to make, including financial support. Alimony, or spousal support, is a major part of divorce law. I work with you to reach an equitable alimony agreement or help determine that alimony is not warranted.
- Equitable Distribution of Property: In New Jersey, upon divorce, marital property must be divided equitably. I will guide you through the statute that focuses on equitable distribution insuring that your rights are upheld and the assets and debts are divided fairly.
- Adoption: Adopting a child should be a joyous occasion for your family. However, the process can at times be complicated and frustrating. I help my clients through the adoption process answering all questions so they can bring their child home as soon as possible.
- ART- Artificial Reproductive Techniques: all parties involved in a technically assisted pregnancy will benefit from thorough legal advice. Representation is provided for perspective sperm and embryo and ovum donors. We will help evaluate the donation agreement to make sure there is disclosure of the donor’s identity, medical history and to resolve the financial issues that may come up. We will make sure you have full understanding of the legal implications of your arrangement.
- Domestic Violence: If you are the victim we provide compassion and support during this extremely difficult time. We will ensure that you receive support and other relief that you deserve during this time. For those of you who have been charged with domestic violence, I have the experience and the skills necessary to help you fight the charges that have been made against you.
When you retain the services of Pamela M. Cerruti, Counselor at Law, you can be assured that your attorney is focused on providing you with professional services, efficiency in obtaining those services and that she is a trusted attorney with experience not only in the legal field but also in accounting which will help you through your process. Her reputation is one of integrity and commitment to excellence.
Contact a reputable Montclair law attorney
I will give your case individual attention from the start to the finish. I personally will handle your legal concerns. My offices are conveniently located in Montclair. Call the firm at 973-746-5590 to arrange your consultation or contact the firm online.